13.8.07

Maggies Town

Well, I never made the journey to Maggie's town for three reasons. I don't like grounds that have running pitches around them to start with,secondly I was going to see the real shrek on the tv the next day and didn't wish to see a copy in the Gingerbread's bar and thirdly I have seen enough pre-season matches to see where we are on the playing level.It appears my decision was right with the first half being productive and the second one that you stay in the bar for.
Are we ready? Yes I think so and if we come away with 12 points from the first seven games I would be reasonably pleased.
I notice the talks for the wonder player failed, no worries really we are just about strong enough and if Webb ever mentions Jack's name without the words Un-Fit in the same sentence we would be even stronger.
I see the rumour that Stamford want Matt"two cars"O'Halloran, I can't say that losing him would be too much of a loss and would free up money for the future too.He has given me the impression that he really doesn't care too much for Webb and the way he wants to play the game, if that is the case then lets say thanks for some great performances and goals then goodbye.
Well done the reserves on saturday , a great win at IW in another important season.I will be making the short journey to Wizzbeck tomorrow to have a look and give my support,local derbies have always been special to me.I hear that Wizzbeck are edging ever closer to getting a new ground, lets hope so though i will miss the never completed stand.