8.5.08

A Chat

I heard tonight on our favourite Radio Norfolk radio station that Lowestoft have sold 14000 tickets for the Vase on Sunday while Kirkham & Wesham are at the 2000 mark. Both in their own ways great amounts considering the background of both clubs .It seems that Kirkham were still playing on River Lane type pitches up to last season and started their campaign to get to Wembley back in August last year. Well,I have to admit i will in the number on Sunday having a good look around at where all of the money has gone to build the new national stadium, having visited the old one on many occasions it was well overdue a face lift. Will I be impressed ? I guess Sunday will we the judge.I read today that Boris is to ban drinking on the buses and tubes as well.When will this Nanny state stop?
Reading that there is to be an AFC Liverpool starting next season as a response to the high cost of premiership tickets has reminded me that the superbly run and total fans club (no bias here of course) FC United of Manchester got promoted again after a very rocky mid part of the season.Superb stuff,they are now into the Unibond Premier and are showing what football is really all about, for the people.Just like it should be.I am still hearing these Steve Evans rumours, lets hope they are exactly that and are not the beginning of the end for our club.