19.7.08

Girls Aloud at Newmarket Nights

I will start by saying I am no fan of the Girls and can never remember any of their hits but last night they were very impressive.When they came on I expected to just tolerate and ogle but by the end I was still ogling like any self respecting nearly 40 year old man and really enjoying the whole show.They played 16 songs,had one costume change and seemed to enjoy what they were doing with many smiles,waves and even a bit of chat(even the notoriously miserable Nicola joined in,looking very lush with a seventies Marilyn Chambers hair cut).One highlight was the cover version of Push it!(salt and pepa) which was excellent in all so many ways.
They even knew where they were playing!
If they read all of the slagging (all correct so I am told) they they got after the forty pound a ticket Holkham Hall debacle last year then last night was a great answer
Last night's cost was only £12 a ticket with disabled free and a good nights horse racing thrown in.The weather smiled with the rain staying away for the music and only a few short drizzles during the racing.Traffic wise,it only took 40 minutes to clear the car park and get to the Rowley mile before I could short cut through the town home
All in all an unexpected terrific night out with an extra Ten English pounds in my pocket to boot.
Newmarket Nights,well worth the effort with Boyzone (!!) and Madness to come for me later in the summer