21.10.08

Expecting Defeat

I have an irrational hatred of The Tampax in all of it's guises.They are simply there to cause me anger and frustration with the occasional bout of joy when they fall apart.
The hatred goes back for me to the nineties but i know for others it goes back much further. They were our nemesis for many years and the closest thing we had to real rivals with every other local side still a pub team or always a league or two above.There was some real hatred for a while with the away game being the highlight of the calender in the same vein as West ham vs
Millwall.Even my missus hates them and gave one of their stirring knobhead stewards a plastic spoon for his contribution to the game one year.
My hatred did melt slightly for several years until some Villa twat broke my nose after a game that we had lost again at the Lamb.Now the flame is brightly alight and although I expect no better than a defeat tonight it had better be with all guns blazing or all rational will be going out of the proverbial window.
I will state now that I am a Gary Mills fan and if any manager went to the board and asked for more and was given it even if the pot was empty then that is fairly and squarely the boards fault in my book.He is high on my Highly regarded list.I am sure there was some real spin going on after he left just as there was upstairs when Tommy Taylor jumped ship.It's easy to slag off the departed.Tonight for a couple of hours or so though he is the manager of the hated Tampax and will be treated as such.
Fuck the ball get in to them , that is the only way we will win tonight..
Do the players have the Bollocks ... I Sadly Doubt it.