8.12.08

MND Facebook Vote

Many of you know that my wife has MND . There is a campaign running on Facebook by a sufferer called Sarah Ezekiel to raise awareness of the disease and it needs your vote if you have an account . Please Vote

Facebook Raises Awareness of Motor Neurone Disease
I was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease/ALS in April 2000 and thought my life was over. MND paralyses the muscles affecting mobility, swallowing and breathing. The official prognosis is 3-5 years but most people don’t survive so long. It can strike anyone and the cause isn’t known. There are no effective treatments and no cure.

Although I am now severely disabled I am trying to raise awareness of MND. I cannot use my arms and type with my chin using a program called E Z Keys. My speech is badly impaired so my laptop is my lifeline, enabling me to communicate with people all over the world.

Since joining Facebook I have made contact with other sufferers of MND and their families/carers. I have also found many wonderful support groups. I write notes about my experiences of living with MND and feel that I’m helping and educating a wide range of people globally. I have just appeared in an advert showing the devastation that MND causes. It will be shown on TV and in cinemas throughout the UK.

I love the way that Facebook is so interactive, more so than any other social networking site. I feel that I have a new lease of life now! If I win this competition I would like to donate the prize to a MND charity.
http://apps.facebook.com/causes/18740?m=75537ad2&recruiter_id=10226115

Please vote Using the links above if you have a Facebook Account